2022 top ten innovators awards
We will shortly be announcing this year’s 21 finalists. Check back soon and cast your vote for the 2022 winners.
What will transport look like in 2040
In line with the global objectives of LiveWIRE, the three awards categories for the 2022 TTI are:
- Social Impact
- Environmental Sustainability
- Business Innovation
We are also pleased to announce the launch of a fourth award category for Outstanding Achievement for a Shell LiveWIRE Implementing Partner.
What can you win?
Top Ten Innovators awards prizes across the categories that are open to entrepreneurs.
Each category will have one winner and two runners-up.
The winners will receive USD $20,000 and runners-up will receive USD $10,000. All nine winners will receive mentoring support for a year.
Each category will also include four honourable mentions and winner based on the highest number of public votes.
All shortlisted entrepreneurs will benefit from promotion on Shell communication channels during the competition.
The Outstanding Achievement for a LiveWIRE Implementing Partner
The winner of the Outstanding Implementing Partner award will receive a capacity-building award.
TTI 2022 applications have closed. Please check back soon to meet the 21 finalists and cast your vote for this year’s winners.
Enterprises whose business supports the local community in which they operate and addresses social issues such as unemployment, inequality, hunger, poverty, and lack of access to social services.
Businesses that have a positive impact on vulnerable people (e.g. youth, women, persons with disabilities, indigenous communities, marginalised and/or discriminated communities, low-income groups). They can be the beneficiaries of a product or service provided, or be participants in an inclusive business model (e.g. employees, suppliers).
Social impact can be created via:
- Local job creation;
- Creating products or services for vulnerable groups;
- Sourcing from low-income communities;
- Last mile distribution (logistics and processes for products and services reaching target customers, mostly vulnerable groups);
- Financial inclusion;
- Education and literacy;
- Women’s empowerment;
- Health & safety;
- Agriculture & food business models that empower smallholder farmers and microenterprises.
Enterprises that are operating in a way that is preserving the environment and/or are providing a solution to protect the environment in areas such as waste reduction, CO2 emissions reduction, circular economy, and natural resources management.
Positive environmental impact can be created through:
- Sustainable packaging;
- Sourcing locally;
- Solutions to eliminate waste and turn it into a new resource (Circular Economy);
- Innovative re-use models (Circular Economy);
- Solutions that minimise water usage;
- Solutions that protect and enhance biodiversity;
- Clean-energy generation or powered solutions;
- Energy efficiency;
- Low-carbon transport solutions.
Enterprises that can demonstrate innovation in their business model and/or in their products/services.
Business model and product/service innovations may include but are not limited to:
- Innovative solutions for sourcing, distribution along supply chains, and reaching customers strategy;
- Leveraging e-commerce and digital marketing to reach new markets;
- App development in key sectors – e.g., AgriTech, ClimateTech, EdTech, HealthTech, etc.;
- Showcasing technology in emerging and rural markets (e.g. AI, robotic process automation, blockchain, big data and analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing, smart sensors, location detection technologies, etc.).
Outstanding Achievement for a LiveWIRE Implementing Partner
This award recognises the innovation of our implementing partners that deliver the LiveWIRE programme. We want to promote implementing partners’ best practices in understanding the needs of the Shell LiveWIRE participants, adapting to them, and demonstrating a positive impact.
The winning implementing partner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Innovative programme design and training methodologies;
- Positive community impact and outreach; strong M&E systems that demonstrate impact;
- Innovative communication strategies to share local impact stories;
- Adaptability to challenging environments;
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Commitment to SLW global vision and objectives;
- Strong brand recognition to their country’s SLW programme.